Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Short post. Brain fried.

So tired. 11.5 hours of SERVING today. hooray. anyway I wanted to share that tidbit and this quote from a documentary I watched tonight called "Call of Life: Facing the Mass Extinction".



A little bit of background, the documentary details how we humans majorly suck (we're the worst species on earth in case you haven't figured that out yet) and we are creating an extinction right now that is bigger and more irreversible than anything the earth has faced before. ANYWAY the quote.

A man emailed the one scientist and was talking about his twenty year old son. He said "How do I teach him about hope when I have none?" The scientist answered: "Don't teach him about hope. Teach him love. If he loves, he will fight for it."

Wow.

Seriously that moment in the documentary resonated with me, because I feel completely hopeless 89% of the time. Seriously. But I love. I love a lot of things and I'm willing to fight for a lot of things. And sometimes you fight for things you know you won't win, but you're going to fight like hell anyway. Because of love.

Hope somebody else is enlightened by that as well.  Or you could roll your eyes and close my blog, never to return. That's fine as well.

sleep deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment