Friday, March 2, 2012

I kind of cheated...

....which makes me a failure. BUT HEAR ME OUT! I had signed up for my first Susquehanna University alum event weeks before I had this grand idea to be sober for a month. It was held last night at the River Horse Brewery in Lambertville, NJ and I've always wanted to try their beers because their hippopotamus logo is so cute! (Such a great reason to try a beer... "Why, you had me at 'hippo'...").
Come on, how adorable!
And a hippo dressed up like a yeti... i love it!

 So I made myself a deal. I would still go and I would sip their samples and not drink the whole cups and it wouldn't be cheating. Yeahhhh, well then I really liked their double wit and I loveddddd their chocolate porter, which is part of their brewer's reserve series. Seriously, I was so screwed after the first sip of double wit, and I just threw in the cards after the chocolate porter hit my tongue. 

So I cheated. I got tipsy last night. 

Damn it. 

I'm debating whether to keep with this sober thing or not. The idea of missing St. Patrick's Day is slightly killing me. What if I don't drink until the end of March EXCEPT for St. Patty's Day... there's still a lot of days to not drink?

Weigh in my friends and go ahead, tell me I'm a failure. 

Oh and if you want an interesting side story, I was told by two creeping alumni from like 1986 that I won the hottest alumni contest... and then one of their wives walked up and they didn't notice and I had to turn away to keep from laughing in their faces. Silly men...

2 comments:

  1. Lol, congrats on the post-award.

    You should drink St. Patty's day, blah, i was going to be bummed you weren't but now, since i will be in class 8am-10pm only to return 8am the next day, im pretty much just bummed for myself >:(

    And chocolate beer sounds good even to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! (its Michelle Tracy)

    So I have been following your blog and workout stuff and I even told Mason that you had inspired me to stop drinking for awhile. Ever since I started dating Mason my alcohol intake (and fried chicken intake) has been through the roof. He is seriously constantly eating and of course he doesn't gain any weight but I always want to keep up and I have ended up at my heaviest UGHHHHH sooooo frustrating. Well he has now been living in Arizona so I have tried to get myself together and when I saw you were gunna give up drinking, so did I (I did not last long haha but overall I have been drinking less so I guess that is what counts right? I think so at least haha). Buuuuuuut anyways I really like your blog and I wish you the best of luck! I am gunna start some kind of running schedule soon so I can be fit just in time for Mason's next visit WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete