Sunday, February 26, 2012

One weekend down...

So the first week wasn't rough. I think I needed one week/weekend to be really chill and be relaxed after the weekend I had with the Walsh's in south Jersey. SO other than not drinking, I've changed a few other things. I've really up my consumption of protein which I usually don't get much of at all. This is kind of tough because although I'm not a vegetarian, I don't eat a ton of meat. And I hate eggs. I know right? Who hates eggs? THIS girl. I can handle eating them now, with lots of salt and pepper or ketchup or bbq sauce, but it's still difficult. But since Monday, I've made a dozen hard boiled eggs and have eaten over half of them and HOLD THE PHONE, I made a poached egg this morning and ate that. Another more pleasant way I've upped the protein is making quiche! I love quiche, even with its egg content, but the one I made was loaded with spinach (yay for vitamins and healthy stuff). 
Yo. Not to brag, but I'm becoming the next Martha Fucking Stewart. Minus going to jail.


I've also gone back to my daily lunch salad routine (fresh romaine, red leafed lettuce, spinach, a handful of cherry tomatoes, with an ounce of low fat salad dressing (usually vinaigrette). I should add protein into that, I know, but I have yet to cook up some chicken and tuna smells and I'm making excuses. Again, yay for vitamins and healthy stuff.  Now if only I could get my dad to eat some of this. That mans arteries better last long enough to walk my ass down the aisle and that's going to be awhile seeing that my dating life is next to nonexistent. 


Let's see what else. I came down with a head cold the day after I made the blog so instead of being a nut at the gym, I've been taking it easy. I did go one night and I kind of hurt my knee. Not seriously but enough that I wasn't finishing my core workout that I was pumped to do. I had planned on doing 35 bicycles, 15 squats while balancing on two of those half medicine ball things, 15 burpees, and then 25 toe touches with a weighted medicine ball... 3 times round. Wellll that didn't happen because while I went to sit down while holding the medicine ball, my knee made a big pop and it hurt! My first thought was "Are you fucking serious, Lauren? You made it through 4 years of college, running year round with no injuries, and now you do something in your knee SITTING DOWN?!" Yes, pathetic, thank you I'm well aware. Well good news, I don't think it was serious, it doesn't hurt now a few days later but I haven't done squats since, so I'll let you know when I go to the gym later. 


I probably won't right every day, cause let's face it, I'm lazy and who's going to be interested enough to read this every day? BUT, if you're interested to know, I think I look better all ready. My stomach feels flatter, my love handles don't bother me as much, I woke up this morning without the extra weight of a liter of alcohol in my body. Life is good, now I want to go for a hike with my dogs. WHO'S COMING WITH ME!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment